There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through your home, enticing your taste buds and warming your heart. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, making cookies is a delightful and rewarding experience. In this article, we will guide you through a simple yet versatile cookie recipe that can be customized to suit your preferences. So put on your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s dive into the wonderful world of cookie baking!
– 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
– 1 cup (220g) packed brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups (350g) chocolate chips (or any other add-ins of your choice: nuts, dried fruits, etc.)
Step 1: Preparing the Dough
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do it by hand with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then, stir in the vanilla extract until well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Avoid overmixing, as it can result in tough cookies.
4. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips or your chosen add-ins until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Step 2: Chilling the Dough
1. To enhance the flavor and texture of your cookies, it’s recommended to chill the dough before baking. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Chilling the dough helps the flavors meld together and prevents the cookies from spreading too much during baking.
Step 3: Baking the Cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie to allow for spreading.
3. Bake the cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may still appear slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as the cookies cool.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 4: Enjoying Your Homemade Cookies
1. Once the cookies have cooled, it’s time to indulge in your freshly baked treats! Serve them with a glass of cold milk or a hot cup of coffee and enjoy their deliciousness.
2. You can store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. Alternatively, you can freeze the dough or baked cookies for later enjoyment. Just make sure to thaw them properly before serving.
Baking cookies is a delightful and creative way to satisfy your sweet tooth and share some homemade goodness with your loved ones. With this simple recipe and a few basic ingredients, you can whip up batches of scrumptious cookies in no time. So, get ready to embark on a delicious baking adventure and let the aroma of freshly baked cookies fill your home. Happy baking!